Cordless demolition hammer drills are a useful tool to have around the house. There are times when you need to drill into a variety of materials. This can range from wooden boards to help make that new deck or into the brick wall to insert some wiring. Demolition hammer drills are made to handle a wide variety of these drilling situations easily, making them an optimal purchase.
If you’re looking to buy one, the Makita XPH03Z is one of the most affordable options out there. It delivers fine performance without even risking your budget. Here is a brief look at what you’ll be getting when you purchase this product.
- Extreme Protection Technology. Makita really went and made this product very tough by using their Extreme Protection Technology. This means it will be able to perform in a variety of conditions that you might find yourself in. This can range from extreme conditions like rainy or extremely dusty environments. Combined with the all-steel exterior, you can be sure that your Makita drill will function.
- Ergonomic Design. This drill is designed to fit well in your hand. The designers know that drilling is part of a lot of work and you might end up holding this drill for a long time. This means they designed it with a comfortable grip and to be as light and compact as possible.
- The design makes it very small and compact. Makita decided to make a drill that will fit anywhere and you can take it anywhere. From end to end, it measures only around nine-inches long – that’s without the drill bit though. The drill only adds several inches though. Anyway, the important thing is that you can pack this drill in a small bag and add the drill in when you start working. The small size also means that the design is pretty light. It weighs a little over five pounds, even with the drill bit added. That means you can carry it around with just one hand – though you’ll want two hands to keep the drill steady.
- This drill can handle a lot of abuse. This is mainly because it features Makita’s Extreme Protection Technology. This ensures that no dust or water ever enters inside the casing. This reduces the chance of the internal parts rusting or getting damaged. As for the outside, this product predominantly uses steel parts. This makes it tougher than most other drills that use plastics or aluminum for their exterior. A tougher exterior further ensures that your drill will last a long time.
- The “hammer drill” option is optional. Hammer drills are great for punching through a variety of tough materials. However, they can be overkill when it comes to wood and softer items. This is why you can choose to use it as a regular drill, a powerful “hammer drill,” or a screwdriver for heavy bolts that need to be screwed in tight and quickly. This wealth of options makes this drill a flexible tool for many occasions.
- It does not come with a battery or charger. One of the first things that you’ll notice about this device is that you won’t find any batteries or chargers with it. Considering that this is a cordless drill, those two are the most important parts of the product package. Having them missing forces you to buy a separate product package and adds a bit to the hassle of using this product. When buying batteries though, be sure that you are getting a compatible set. You might end up with older batteries that won’t fit with this model.
- It can be hard to find someone to service this drill. The problem with having a lot of steel parts is that it can be hard to find people who are willing to open up this drill if something is wrong. This drill was made to work in Europe and Canada. This means if you’re outside of those regions, you might find a hard time finding someone who can work on this device. You can send it back to a service center but that will take a lot of time and you need to do it beforehand if you’ve got work to do.
Overall, this XPH03Z is well worth the money you pay for it. It is compact and ergonomic which allows you to carry it around all over the house and use it for a variety of purposes. You can use it in different positions, too, whether you’re lying down and underneath the sink or standing up to reach for the ceiling. You can also get years of performance out of it thanks to the seals on the body casing keeping dust and water from entering. If you’re looking for a cheap and effective demolition hammer drill, this one is it.