A breaker hammer is a versatile tool you can use to break up blocks of concrete, bricks, and other materials.
But how do you choose one to buy from the many breaker hammers sold online?
We know how time-consuming research can be, which is why we compared various breaker hammers, and when the dust settled, these three emerged at the top. We will take a look at their features, pros and cons, and then we do a head-to-head comparison.
- 2,800-watt motor designed for heavy-duty projects
- Wheeled carry case is included
- The breaker hammer is capable of 1,900 impacts per minute
- The breaker hammer is also ergonomically built so it is more comfortable to use
- Easy to operate
- Powerful motor
- Comfortable handle
- Breaks up different materials well
- Does not support 1 ⅛” Bosch bits
- Trigger handle shape could be better
Thee XtremepowerUS is a well-designed breaker hammer, and it provides significantly more power than its 2,200-watt counterpart. Its 1,900 impacts per minute is one of the best in its range and overall, the quality is high. Whether you need to work on your basement or break up an in-ground pool, the XtremepowerUS jackhammer can handle it.
[button link=”https://wrenchguru.com/xtremepowerus-2200watt-demolition-jackhammer-review/” size=”large” icon=”arrow-circle-right” color=”red”]For the XtremepowerUS 2200 W Jack Hammer Full Review, Click Here[/button]
- Equipped with a powerful 15-amp motor and 1,000 BPM for heavy-duty tasks and applications
- Has anti-vibration features so you’ll be able to hammer more comfortably
- It is built with a low noise level indicator so it’s not distracting to use
- The automatic brush-off shields the commutator for a longer lifespan
- This jackhammer is built for heavy-duty use
- Reduced vibration
- Quietest breaker hammer in its class
- Better energy transfer and productivity
- Does not vibrate as much as other breaker hammers
- The switch handle location could use improvement
- Maybe too powerful for casual DIYers
The Makita AVT Breaker Hammer is a heavy-duty power tool any way you look at it. If you do a lot of professional work and the ordinary breaker hammer isn’t getting it done, you’ll need a more versatile piece of equipment like the AVT. Not only is it powerful, but the AVT is quiet and lasts longer, making it a good investment.
[button link=”https://wrenchguru.com/makita-hm1810x3-70-lb-avt-breaker-hammer-review/” size=”large” icon=”arrow-circle-right” color=”teal”]For the Makita HM1810X3 Full Review, Click Here[/button]
- The Brute Breaker has active vibration control so it is more comfortable to use
- The powerful motor is complemented by its 35 ft./lb. impact power, increasing your productivity
- At 63 pounds, the Brute Breaker is no heavier than other breaker hammers
- Its specially designed hammer mechanism and gearbox does away with the uncertainty of lubrication
- The Service Minder System provides top-of-the line maintenance.
- Powerful motor
- Quickly breaks up concrete and other surface materials
- Moil point and chisel included
- Durable, heavy-duty design
- Getting out of deep holes can be hard due to its weight
The Bosch breaker hammer is a powerful breaker hammer, and it is what you can use if the typical breaker hammers don’t cut it. It is heavier than portable jackhammers, yes, but that is to be expected given its power and features. If your work involves breaking up lots of concrete and bricks, you will appreciate this power.
[button link=”https://wrenchguru.com/bosch-bh2760vcb-review/” size=”large” icon=”arrow-circle-right” color=”orange”]For the Bosch Brute BH2760VCB Full Review, Click Here[/button]
After reviewing each breaker hammer, we also conducted a head-to-head comparison. As you will see, each of these offers something special. Overall, we’d say the AVT breaker hammer offers the most value, but the other two are pretty good as well.
The Bosch Brute Breaker is ideal for those who have been using Bosch breaker hammers and looking for an upgrade in power. While it’s called a “basic kit” you get a lot of value, plus the inclusion of chisels and anti-vibration control really makes a difference.
For superior performance and dependability, the Makita AVT is our preferred choice. It is equipped with a powerful motor and has the specs to handle the most demanding jobs. While a lot of breaker hammer have anti-vibration built in, the Makita AVT does it better. In addition, we like its noise-reduction feature and durability.
If you don’t do a lot of breaker hammering and just need one that packs power, the XtremepowerUS is the one that you may want to try. It doesn’t have the power of the Makita AVT or the Bosch, but some people don’t need a lot of power. If you are among those and just want a cost-effective breaker hammer, the XtremepowerUS will work fine.
Breaker hammers used to be only for those who could afford the high price.
Now, that is no longer the case as breaker hammers have become more affordable. Hopefully with the three breaker hammers reviewed here, you’ll have an easier time picking out the right one for the job.